SSNF Preschool follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework to provide your child with the right balance of learning through play against the national curriculum. This helps to prepare your child for the National Curriculum which starts in Year 1 at Primary School.
Each session is planned using weekly and termly topics and themes, which are design to enable your child to get a broad experience whilst covering all of the EYFS Framework.
We use both the indoor and outdoor areas to offer a range of activities including:
- Creative / messy – paint, glue, crafts, soft dough, sand, water
- Manipulative – pegboards, threading, pencils, jigsaws, construction
- Imaginative – Wendy house, shop, train set, dolls house
- Language – books, story time, discussion time
- Interest – a theme for the week
- Music – singing, instruments, music to stimulate moods
- Physical – hoops, climbing frame and outdoor play sessions
In line with our health eating policy, we provide a variety of snack options for children to choose themselves. This promotes freedom of choice and allows the children to try a variety of food.